Friday, January 27, 2012

Atkins Diet, Vegan, Pescatarian, South Beach Diet, the Master Cleanse - Welcome to I Tried it Diet!

If there's a diet that you've heard of I probably already tried, but we'll talk about that in a second. First let me give you a little background on myself. I am part time student, a full time wife, and a mother of two very active boys. I've always been a food lover. Ever since I could remember, I've always wondered how food affects my body. When I was younger I tried to use food to get bigger. Yes, bigger. Imagine that. My friends and I were a pretty bony bunch so we actually wanted to gain weight.

Oh how I wish that was the case now. What we thought would help us get bigger was to go on an ice cream "diet". We'd eat ice cream right before bed. Some of them would have an Ensure drink for breakfast, too, but I didn't prefer that drink. It didn't work at the time but I'm sure it will now, just trust me. Let me speed it up to the present.

After I had my son in 2003, I gained an unhealthy amount of weight. I'm 5'2 tall and weighed a whooping 165 pounds. This fact started the diet craze for me. I won't go through all the diets now (we'll save that for a later post), but I will say that "The Atkins Diet" was the most successful for me at the time. The problem was I had become too thin, too fast. I was also concerned how this diet was affecting my health. I quit "The Atkins Diet" and have been going through many others since.

As a Dietetic major and a serial dieter, I've embarked on a roller coaster of a journey to weight loss. This blog is all about that journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment